Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
Yeah but have you seen this
I think one of the hardest things about being a child whose a father who was in and out of prison was the judgment of other adults. Not only did people go on and on with simplistic messages about how people end up in prison, they also told us to our faces that our family problems, our troubles in school and more were all the result of “a culture of failure” and (most of) our parents being unmarried. It was hard enough being taught to build a relationship with my father over prison visits and letters, but the way we were taught to view our families and ourselves because of generational incarceration was dangerous.
“I tried to create my own vision of reality, based on one hand on a personal collection of objects and on the other, on a meticulously realistic analysis of those fragments of reality, as a contrast to Oldenburg’s ‘pop’ proposal.”